When I went up to my Friend reunion I thought I should go get a little documentation on my old elementary school. They closed it down a few years ago and I was afraid they would sell it and tear it down before I could get some pictures of it.

This is the home I grew up in. When I was in school it had reddish brown wood shake siding with a short white fence made out of 4x4's. It had two rails and upright posts about every six feet. Between each upright post was a red rose bush winding on the rails. I loved that fence! It was also our balance beam. Their was a big apple tree on this front corner. It was my hideaway. I would sit up their and watch everyone and in the fall I would eat my wormy apples. We also loved to climb on the porch rails. My parents moved to Wyoming between my Jr. and Senior year. I stayed and finished school. Then moved with them for the next year. Then I went to Ricks College, and got married. They moved to Lake Tahoe and came back before I got pregnant with Sara. They remodled the old house and This is how the house itself looked when we sold it.

This is the street I walked east on as I walked home from school. When We had a warm spring rain I Would slosh down this gutter on the right with my leather shoes on. I think I was kind of a show off. Kids would say I shouldn't do it but I was stubborn and didn't care. (I think I liked the attention). Yes I got in big trouble!
1 comment:
What good memories. It is always nice to go home.
Post a Comment